Family Caregiver Alliance Seeks Education Coordinator
EDUCATION COORDINATOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
Primary office location: San Francisco near Powell St. BART station
Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA) is seeking an energetic team member to coordinate the education and outreach efforts of FCA's Caregiver Resource Center. Join a staff who work diligently to improve the health and well-being of family, partners and friends providing care for adults with chronic disabling health condition.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual seeking to advance skills of working with individuals, families and the community at large. The successful candidate will use creative, tech-savvy, business focused skills to help advance education and outreach efforts to the next level.
The Education Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating and conducting training and education activities and programs for family and professional caregivers THROUGHOUT the greater San Francisco Bay Area. This position also provides oversight to the Camps for Caring and Caregiver Retreats and coordinates the independent contractors who lead groups and classes for Family Caregiver Alliance. Additionally this position is responsible for content and editing of 'Connections', FCA's on-line newsletter for caregivers.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Requires a degree in public health education or a related field and two or more years of experience in planning and conducting training programs. MUST HAVE a California driver's license and own transportation.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Strong skills in event planning, outreach and coalition building
- Creativity, high energy and flexibility in scheduling
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience in training, education and public speaking
- Experience using social media to promote events
- Ability to organize and lead webinars
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in developing brochures and writing newsletter articles
- Knowledge of issues related to caregiving and health care
- Knowledge of issues related to providing care for brain impaired adults
- Ability to conceptualize and implement innovative programs
- Experience and skills necessary to oversee performance of independent contractors
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and coordinate workshops, seminars, webinars, classes and conferences on caregiver issues, brain impairments and related health care issues as required under the Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center contract
- Oversee coordination of the Camps for Caring and the planning and development of the Caregiver Retreats
- Assess and respond to the training needs and "gaps" in the Bay Area
- Apply for continuing education units, and maintain CEU documentation, when appropriate for FCA's education events
- Represent the agency and serve as a liaison to other public and private agencies in developing outreach and education opportunities
- Responsible for all organizational aspects of training programs including designing the curriculum, making logistical arrangements, identifying speakers, writing brochures, developing mail lists, assisting with marketing, coordinating support materials and equipment, facilitating the program and evaluating the outcomes.
- Coordinate requests from the community for FCA speakers, assign to appropriate staff or volunteer, and maintain a record of speaker requests.
- Maintain careful documentation of all Bay Area education and legislative advocacy activities, including all FCA sponsored or cosponsored conferences, workshops, in-service trainings, orientation visits to legislators and community speaking requests.
- Review, update and maintain the FCA library of videotapes and training materials
- Full time position of 37.5 hrs/wk
- Benefits include health, vision, dental, 403(b)
- Salary Range: $31,200 to $35,000
- Flexible hours to meet demands of position, e.g. some evenings and weekends
- Use of a car
FCA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Interested parties should forward a resume and cover letter to: Email cover letter and resume to mvenegas(at)caregiver(dot)org. DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS; INCLUDE RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL. Please write Education Coordinator in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
E-mail to a Friend