The National Center on Caregiving at FCA has added new features to its online database, called Caregiving Across the States.
Accessible in map format on the FCA website, the interactive database provides information for each state about publicly-funded support programs for caregivers of adults with chronic illnesses or disabilities, and statistics about the caregivers themselves. Helpful for program developers, policy makers and reporters, the resource also allows families and service providers to access information they need to seek assistance and benefits for themselves or their clients.
The information is presented in a separate profile for each state and the District of Columbia. Updated data are reflected in the Selected State Background Characteristics sections of the state profiles. New state-by-state data include:
- Where Caregivers Call to Arrange for Help
- Medicaid Spending on Long-Term Care
- Average Assisted Living Monthly Cost
- Median Hourly Wages for Home and Health Care Workers
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
In addition, key updates for each state include:
- Population Statistics for Adults Age 60+
- State-Specific Caregiver Statistics
- Number of Certified Nursing Facilities
- Percent of Adults (21+) with a Disability
To learn more about the family caregiving landscape in your state, visit Caregiving Across the States. For more information, contact Lynn Friss Feinberg at (800) 445-8106.
E-mail to a Friend