POSITION TITLE: National Center on Caregiving, Program Associate (Intake)
Position is Part-time (12-15 hours/week)
To screen initial inquiries into the NCC, conduct intake interviews with family caregivers over the telephone and provide basic information about adult onset brain disorders, care options and community services available on a national level. The Program Associate assists first time callers in identifying and prioritizing their needs and provides assistance to family caregivers in problem-solving and identifying community resources.
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor?s degree in social work, counseling or a related field.
- Must have at least two years experience working with older adults, caregivers and/or disabled adults.
- Comfort with technology as position entails documenting in our internal data base systems.
- Requires an understanding of the needs of caregivers and adults with brain impairment in order to interview, screen and assist callers.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professional judgement in problem solving, setting objectives and making appropriate referrals.
- Requires the knowledge and skills necessary to assess the needs of caregivers of adults with brain impairment and assist in making referrals to appropriate community resources.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to set priorities, manage time well, and understand how individual contributions contribute to the success of the agency.
Position reports to the Director of the NCC and is an integral member of the FCA team.
To Apply: FCA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Interested parties should forward a resume and cover letter to: Email cover letter and resume to mvenegas(at)caregiver(dot)org. DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS; INCLUDE RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL. Write NCC Program Associate in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
E-mail to a Friend