FCA programs are funded by corporate and foundation grants, The State of California, Area Agencies on Aging, program participants and donations from those who have benefited from our services. Although information on our website is provided without charge, we welcome your financial gifts. Please consider making a donation right now to FCA and help us help another family like yours.
FCA has developed its services and publications based on caregiver needs and offers programs at local, state, and national levels. FCA programs and services include:
- Information: Families provide 80% of the long-term care in this country, and the need for information is great—and growing. FCA's publications, including Fact Sheets, Newsletters, Research Studies, Reports, Policy Briefs and other materials are widely utilized, as is our expertise in developing innovative services for families and professional care providers. Families from all around the country call our toll free number (800) 445-8106 to request advice.
- National Center on Caregiving: A program of Family Caregiver Alliance, the NCC is a central source of information and technical assistance on caregiving and long-term-care for policy makers, health and service providers, media, program developers, funders and families. NCC research and publications document emerging trends and caregiver needs and services throughout the country. Click here for the FCA Family Care Navigator, a first-of-its-kind, comprehensive, online guide to help families locate publicly-funded caregiver support programs in all 50 states.
- Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center: provides direct services to caregivers of the six Bay Area counties: San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda, Contra Costa and Marin. Through funds from the Department of Mental Health and National Family Caregiver Support Program, FCA can help caregivers with long-term planning, community resource referrals, support, legal consultations, short term counseling, respite care, educational classes, workshops and publications, as well as a caregiver retreat and a weekend camp for the care receiver. All services are free or on a sliding scale. Caregivers can call (800) 445-8106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to speak with a family consultants.
- Statewide Information and Support: FCA also developed and manages Link2Care, a password-protected online information and support program for California caregivers of an adult with dementia. Caregivers have access to the online discussion group and regularly updated website 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Our third site, California CRC, connects to all 11 California Caregiver Resource Centers in the state.
- Corporate Eldercare Consultant: As caregiving becomes a more prevalent workplace issue, FCA works with Human Resource Departments and Employee Assistance Programs to establish cost-effective programs that support employees who are juggling the dual demands of work and eldercare.
- Research & Policy Development: The demographics are clear: the need for long-term care services in this country will expand as the population ages. FCA conducts research, assists organizations in all parts of the nation to establish new programs for caregivers, and helps government agencies to develop legislation and determine resources needed for the future.
- Education & Training: Caregiver workshops, state-of-the-art research presentations, professional training and public policy conferences are a critical element of FCA's commitment to keeping caregivers informed, and the public aware, of the many facets of long-term care.
- Online Services: The Internet offers an unprecedented opportunity to reinvent social services. The award-winning FCA website offers families, professionals, policy makers, employers and the media information on a wide range of caregiver issues, services and support. FCA also developed and manages Link2Care, a password-protected online information and support program for California caregivers of an adult with dementia. Caregivers have access to the online discussion group and regularly updated website 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
E-mail to a Friend